RBK Roof Upblast & Sidewall Centrifugal Fiberglass Exhaust Fan
- M. K. Plastics Corporation’s RBK is a centrifugal exhaust fan that can be either roof or wall mounted.
- The impeller and housing are completely fabricated of fiberglass reinforced plastic (FRP). A revolution in fiberglass fan manufacturing, the impeller of the RBK is the result of years of R & D. The impeller is manufactured with high quality corrosion resistant resins and fiberglass reinforced.
- This innovative design has no metal in the air stream, for superior corrosion resistance and long life in corrosive atmospheres.
- The RBK exhaust fans can be used in in applications where corrosive elements exist in fume an vapor form such as the Chemical Industry, Storage Facilities, Wastewater / Odor Control Stations, laboratories, Pulp & Paper, aquariums, indoor swimming pools and other areas where corrosive exhaust may cause a problem.
RBK Design Features
- Seven sizes are available, (in both belt and direct drive) - 12”, 15”, 18”, 24”, 30” 36”and 40”, with capacities from 200 to 35,000 cfm and up to 2½” of S.P.
- The RBK impeller is backward inclined, flat bladed design, single piece completely manufactured in solid fiberglass and coated with corrosion resistant vinyl ester resin. It is Class II and tested for its integrity at a minimum 50% higher speed than the maximum stated catalog performance.
- RBK fans are manufactured with high quality, corrosion resistant resins and are fiberglass reinforced, able to withstand temperatures up to 210 deg. F., subject to the exhaust chemicals and their concentrations. UV inhibitors are added to the resins and are flame retardant class 1 of 25 or less. The molded dome housings are smooth both exterior for aesthetic appearance and interior for unrestricted airflow, are virtually impossible to crack, dent or break and is resistant to weather, salt spray and most chemicals.
- There is no exposed metal in the exhaust airstream. All hardware is 304 stainless steel and completely encapsulated in fiberglass where exposed to the exhaust. The motor is ventilated with air infiltrating through specially positioned openings and exhausting at the top of the motor cover.
- Built in compliance with ASTM Standard D4167-97, for Fiber-Reinforced Plastic Fans and Blowers.
- A neoprene hub seal is standard on all RBK fans to minimize air leakage. A Teflon seal is available for more severe environments.
- The standard blower shaft is carbon steel (C1045) and isolated from the corrosive airstream by the FRP impeller hub and internally by a FRP cap and O-ring. Shafts are turned, ground, polished and keyed at both ends and are sized to operate well below critical speed. 304 or 316 stainless steel shaft is available when required.
- RBK fan bearings (belt drive) are heavy-duty, self-aligning, pillow block type, as standard. Bearings are selected for a minimum L-10 life of 40,000 hours at the maximum fan RPM.
- Motors may be direct or belt drive with standard T-frames with maximum frame sizes as shown on the catalog performance tables. Motors are available in single or three phase with TEFC as standard and two-speed, explosion proof offered at an extra cost, where applicable.